Director: Reba Hervas l Music Director: John Hacker
About the show: The whole family will enjoy this heart-warming story of the first Christmas tree ship and the family who risked their lives to fill Chicago with the Christmas spirit. This critically acclaimed musical features a powerfully moving story and an exquisite score of both original music and traditional holiday favorites. Based on the historic Great Lakes voyages of Christmas tree ships during the late 1800s and early 1900s, The Christmas Schooner tells the true story of a Michigan shipping captain who braves the deadly winter weather to bring Christmas trees to homesick German-American families in turn-of-the-century Chicago. A timely and stirring tale of love and loss, The Christmas Schooner reminds us of tradition, family, and responsibility.
Rehearsals will begin asap after casting. It is important to fill out the conflict sheet as completely as possible as the rehearsal schedule will be made from that. Plan on 3-4 rehearsals a week depending on what we are rehearsing. Tech week will be 5 days.
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Beginning May 25
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Question? Email Reba Hervas
- Sheet music - be prepared to perform 8-16 bars of a classical musical theater piece from the Golden Era of musical theater(no recorded music, a capella or songs from the show
- Read from the script
No Auditions are planned at this time.
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
September 25, 9am-12pm
September 27, 7-9pm
Callbacks: September 28, 7-9pm
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.