Overshadowed announces auditions for their fall play, “Eyewitness,” an original production written by Kari Jones and Kendra Jones.
“Eyewitness” follows a university Master’s student, Theo, as he wrestles with the question, “What is truth?” He has been taught about and heard the stories — stories of a man who appeared to be every bit human, and yet of another world at the same time. Some called Him Messiah; some called Him myth. Theo turns to the wisest and most learned man he knows to help him separate fact from fiction. A man with with first-hand, eyewitness testimony; a doctor known as Luke.
- Time: Tuesday June 27th, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday June 29th, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Location: Medinah Baptist Church 900 Foster Ave, Medinah, Illinois
- All roles are open.
Important Audition Material:
- Please prepare a one-minute, memorized monologue.
- There will also be cold readings from the script.
All performances will be at the Overshadowed performance venue: 900 Foster Ave, Medinah, IL. Performance dates are September 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, October 5, 6, 7.
*A note about stage ages: Ages listed are stage ages and also have a wide range of flexibility. If you can act/look the part, please go for it!
- The Professor (40 - 60) Professor of Philosophy and Ethics, antagonist, considers himself a guardian of knowledge
- Theo (20’s): A Master’s student working on his thesis, wrestles with matters of faith
- Professor Seth (40 - 60): Professor of Philosophy, on the thesis review board, skeptic
- Professor Jairus (40 - 60): Another professor on the review board, drawn to Theo’s plight, sympathetic
- Dr. Luke (40 - 50): Well respected doctor and lifelong learner, a believer who can accept truth based on faith, considered as a part of “The Followers”
- Harry (20’s): Graduate student and classmate of Theo
- Saul (20’s): Graduate student and classmate of Theo
- Fin (20’s): Graduate student and classmate of Theo
- Levi (40 - 60): Local resident, one of “The Followers” the resident comedian
- Lazarus (40 - 60): Runs the diner with his sisters, Mary & Martha, a Follower
- Mary (30 - 40) : Sister to Lazarus and Martha, works at the diner, a Follower, and bold regarding her faith
- Martha (35 - 45) : Sister to Lazarus and Martha, works at the diner, a Follower, timid about her faith
- Zoe (20’s): A strikingly beautiful and radiant young woman, she is Dr. Luke’s assistant, a Follower and has an air of mystery about her
- Felix (35 - 50): A direct eyewitness to Jesus’ miracles
- Sam (35 - 50): A direct eyewitness to Jesus’ miracles
- Esther (45 - 60): A direct eyewitness to Jesus’ miracles
- Anna (16 - 25): A direct eyewitness to Jesus’ miracles
All audition information and /or dates are subject to change without notice.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the director, Kendra Jones, at email@example.com.
Also, please contact the director if you are interested in auditioning, but are not available for either audition time.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.