Wizard of Oz
Overshadowed Theatrical Productions Announces Auditions for The Wizard of Oz
Music and Lyrics by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg
Based on the books by L. Frank Baum
Directed by Jessica Means
Vocal Direction by Tara Kaufman
Choreography by Karen Neidlinger
Rehearsals will be held at 900 Foster Ave, Medina. It is important to fill out the conflict sheet as completely as possible as the rehearsal schedule will be made from that. Plan on 3-4 rehearsals a week depending on what we are rehearsing. Tech week will be 5 days.
*If you cannot be present for the audition, video submissions will be accepted.
Rehearsals Begin: Monday, December 5, 2022
January 20, 21, 27, 28 and February 3* and 4, 2022
*February 3: There is a daytime student production. We will need all cast members available during the day.
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Beginning May 25
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Schedule an Audition: Email Jessica Means at [email protected]
Please title email ‘Wizard of Oz Audition Inquiry’
Appointments will be scheduled in 15 minute increments.
- One minute cut or 32 bars of a song that best shows your vocal range (traditional musical comedy or traditional ballad preferred) Bring sheet music in the correct key. Accompanist provided. No a cappella. Vocal track acceptable
- Prepared dance sequence (will be emailed to you)
- Calendar to list conflicts
No Auditions are planned at this time.
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.