This smash off-Broadway hit takes you to the 1958 Springfield High School prom where we meet Betty Jean, Cindy Lou, Missy, and Suzy: four girls with hopes and dreams as big as their crinoline skirts! As we learn about their lives and loves, the girls serenade us with classic '50s hits including "Lollipop," "Dream Lover," "Stupid Cupid," and "Lipstick on Your Collar." In act two, the Wonderettes reunite to take the stage and perform at their ten-year reunion. We learn about the highs and lows the girls have experienced in the past decade and are charmed to find that no matter what life throws their way, they will conquer it together. Featuring over 30 classic '50s and '60s hits, The Marvelous Wonderettes will keep you smiling in this must-take musical trip down memory lane!
Thursday, May 13
Saturday, May 15
Tuesday, May 18
Callbacks as needed at 7pm
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Auditions by Appointment Only: Email Reba Hervas
Audition Requirements: Sing 16-20 bars of a 50s or 60s style pop song of your choice. You must sing with our provided accompaniment, a CD with NO vocals, or with a device you provide. No a cappella auditions will be allowed.
Be prepared for high voices to sing either the Missy or Cindy Lou part of "Sincerely/Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight
Low voices will sing "Lipstick on Your Collar"
You may be asked to sing scales by our accompanist
Read provided selections from the script
Complete a conflict sheet at auditions (be as specific as possible about conflicts throughout the rehearsal period
Beginning May 25
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.