A Year with Frog and Toad
Director: Jessica Means Vocal Director: Tara Kaufman Choreographer: Julia Irvin
Arnold Lobel's treasured characters hop from page to stage in a story of friendship and adventure in this Tony-Nominated Broadway musical hit. This whimsical show follows the
cheerful, popular Frog and the rather grumpy Toad through four seasons. Waking from hibernation, Frog and Toad plant gardens, swim, rake leaves, go sledding, and learn life lessons along the way. Part vaudeville, part make-believe, and all charm. The jazzy, upbeat
score bubbles with melody and wit, making it an inventive, exuberant, and enchanting musical for the whole family.
Rehearsals will begin on Monday, December 13th. It is important to fill out the conflict sheet as completely as possible as the rehearsal schedule will be made from that. Plan on 3-4 rehearsals a week depending on what we are rehearsing. Tech week will be 5 days.
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Beginning May 25
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Schedule an Audition: Email Jessica Means Use the Subject Line "Frog and Toad Audition Inquiry"
- 1 minute song that shows your vocal range. Traditional musical comedy preferred. Bring sheed music in the correct key. Accompanist will be provided or vocal tracks are acceptable. No a capella
- After emailing for an audition time slot, you will be able to choose one audition section to prepare. Rehearse both characters; a reader will be present to work as your scene partner
- Prepare the dance sequence that will be provided to you.
- Calendar through February 5th to list conflicts
No Auditions are planned at this time.
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.