Miracle on 34th Street
"This is a tale that we want to believe in, that creates a world we seem to desperately
desire, free of the blatant commercialism that surrounds us, where love and decency and
generosity of spirit are their own rewards. What we want Christmas to be all about, really."
So writes the Santa Cruz Sentinel of this most heartwarming holiday story. By chance, Kris
Kringle, an old man in a retirement home, gets a job working as Santa for Macy's. Kris
unleashes waves of good will with Macy's customers and the commercial world of New York City by referring parents to other stores to find exactly the toy their child has asked for.
Seen as deluded and dangerous by Macy's vocational counselor, who plots to have Kris
shanghaied to Bellevue Psychiatric Hospital, Kris ends up in a court competency hearing.
Especially at stake is one little girl's belief in Santa.
Rehearsals will be held at 900 Foster Ave, Medina. It is important to fill out the conflict sheet as completely as possible as the rehearsal schedule will be made from that. Plan on 3-4 rehearsals a week depending on what we are rehearsing. Tech week will be 5 days.
7:30pm plus additional matinee Dec 10 at 2:00; Dec 15-17 at 7:30 plus additional matinee
on the 10th at 2:00
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Beginning May 25
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Schedule an Audition: Email Reba Hervas
- Cold readings from the script
- Parts for all age groups & experience levels
- Calendar to list conflicts
No Auditions are planned at this time.
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.