Beauty and the Beast
"Be Our Guest" and step into the enchanted world of Broadway's modern classic, Disney's Beauty and the Beast. This classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed into his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity. With spectacular costumes, singing, and dancing, this "tale as old as time" is the perfect opportunity to bring your entire family to live theatre at its best.
Upright Rating: G (General Audience) appropriate for all ages.
Directed by Reba Hervas; Music Direction by John Hacker; Choreographed by Julie Gernand
Rehearsals will be held at 900 Foster Ave, Medina. It is important to fill out the conflict sheet as completely as possible as the rehearsal schedule will be made from that. Plan on 3-4 rehearsals a week depending on what we are rehearsing. Tech week will be 5 days.
- Rehearsals are every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- Performances: July 6,10, 15,16,17, 22,23,24, 29,30, 31 at 7:30pm
- Performances on July 10, 17, 24, and 31 have matinee shows at 2pm
You must be willing to make the show a priority
Beginning May 25
Location: 900 Foster Avenue, Medinah
Schedule an Audition: Email Reba Hervas
- 32 bars of a song from a Disney style musical with sheet music for the accompanist in the appropriate key (you may also choose a song from the show based on the character you are auditioning for
- 1 minute monologue from a published play
- After emailing for an audition time slot, you will be given a video of a short dance routine to prepare and perform at auditions.
- All auditions must be performed with accompaniment
- Calendar to list conflicts
No Auditions are planned at this time.
Monday, December 3rd from 7-10 pm
Tuesday, December 4th from 7-10 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, Decemeber 11th @ 7pm
900 Foster Ave, Medinah
- Audition appointments are encouraged. Email Kendra Jones to schedule your time or call 847-830-1441.
- Prepare a one-minute, dramatic, family-friendly monologue.
- You may be asked to do a cold readings from the script.
- The role of Mrs VanDaan has been pre-cast; all other roles are open
- This production is performed without dialect, but with correct pronunciations of names
All audition information and/or dates are subject to change without notice.
Please note that as Overshadowed Theatrical Productions produces shows exclusively on a volunteer, recreational basis, all performers are unpaid.