Even if you have never been involved with the theater before, there is a place for you at Overshadowed. It takes many hands to pull together a successful production. If you have any interest in any area—please contact us.
The success of Overshadowed is driven by the hard work of a large number of volunteers.
Overshadowed has bold, ambitious plans for the future and we encourage you to become a part of the company’s continued growth. Through an internship with Overshadowed you will:
- Receive hands-on experience
- Gain valuable insight about the day-to-day work of a small theatre company
- Work closely with Overshadowed’s Artistic Director, Technical Director, Costume Designer, Stage Manager and other department heads
Overshadowed offers year-round internship opportunities. Our regular season consists of four shows — typically three plays and one musical.
- Summer Internship — May through August
Fall Internship — August through December
Winter/Spring Internship — January through April
Each internship guarantees hands-on involvement with two shows. The summer internship offers the unique opportunity to be involved with our summer musical as well as two theatre camps for students age 10-18.
Depending on your school schedule, start/end dates can be flexible. Please let us know your availability when completing your application.
The internship may qualify for college credit, as arranged with your individual college or university.
Modest stipends are available for all internships. To be eligible for a stipend, you must have a valid social security number or, if you are not a citizen of the United States, a valid U.S. work permit.
The maximum total stipend for an internship is $1000. This amount can be reduced if:
- Your internship is only part-time or half-time
- Your internship is full-time, but less than 6 weeks from start to finish
- You do not complete your internship
Stipends are paid by check and normally in two equal amounts — half at the midpoint of your internship, and half upon successful completion of your internship.
You are responsible for your own housing and transportation. We can, however, provide you with contact information for potential host families.
While the demands of interning at Overshadowed can make it difficult to hold an outside job at the same time, many interns manage to work part-time during the day. Remember — if you accept an internship, you are agreeing to work the hours dictated by your department. Any outside employment should be flexible and should accommodate your internship schedule.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with Overshadowed, please provide the following:
- A completed Application for Internship
- Cover letter stating your desire to be involved with our organization
- Your current resume
- Three letters of reference — two from professors or academic supervisors, and one personal or work-related reference
Mail the completed information to:
- Overshadowed Theatrical Productions
333 Pierce Road, Suite 195
Itasca, IL 60143
You will be notified upon receipt of your application. A phone interview will be scheduled. If necessary, we will make arrangements for an in-person interview at your school.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please visit our website at: www.OvershadowedProductions.com, or call our office at 630-250-7518.
Thank you for your interest. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you to deepen your theatrical skills and experience.